3.4

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Dec 012016

C250

When the car reaches a certain speed the doors lock automatically by design. With the child locks for the rear doors turned off rear passengers cannot open the rear doors with the door handle. They must first be unlocked electronically by the driver or by pulling the locking button up at the door. The later requires an extra procedure to get out of the rear seat in an emergency and is too difficult to operate by a young or older person. This adversely affects the safety of rear passengers. (the 2017 model C allow the rear door to unlock after a second pulling of the door handle, a more obvious or intuitive and less difficult way of egress. This is not noticed partly because the back seats are less frequently occupied my the single occupant driver. Noticed from Jan 2013 to present.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

May 222015

C250

I was driving to Colorado from Texas going North on highway 285 about 15 miles out of clines corners when my moon roof just exploded. Glass went everywhere and I quickly swerved off the road. There were no cars around that would have been capable of throwing up debris of any kind. I have subsequently done research to find that it is almost impossible for rocks or debris to break a moon roof. This seems to be a semi-common problem however I am struggling at the moment to get Mercedes to cover the repairs.

- Kermit, TX, USA

Jan 062015

C250

As I was driving on the freeway, I heard and explosion followed by a rain sound, my sunroof had exploded and the glass can back down. Nothing hit the sun roof, the glass was pointing out, it actually exploded. After research I found this is common in Mercedes and I had no idea that something like this was even possible. I have had the car for only 3 months.

- Lodi, CA, USA