2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Mar 242015

C250 4-cyl

I was driving on I-10 eastbound at approximately mile marker 180 to 182, when I made a lane change to let a faster moving vehicle pass me. I went from the left to right lane with the cruise control set at 70 or 75 mph, (speed limit on I-10 is 75 mph). Upon entering the right lane I saw a tractor trailer brake lights, and I slammed on the brake in my C 250, and it caused the car wheels to locked up, which also caused the car to skid, and swerve the back end. The C 250 did slow down some, but came to a complete stop after the C 250 impacted the rear bumper of the trailer attached on the tractor trailer truck. The C 250 slide approximately 200 feet, there were tire tracks on the pavement, which shows the tires locked up. The rear ended of the car also swerved, and it didn't seem like the C 250 was slowing down, once the brakes were applied. There was also some skipping of the tires. The airbag deployed but was late, and caused me to impact the windshield with my head. There is also a hole in the airbag that is bigger then a silver dollar, which shows sign of tearing and fraying. The seat-belt detached at impact which forced me forward and didn't restrain me from me hitting the steering wheel and windshield.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jan 022014

C250 4-cyl

This problem first started 2 days after purchase of this brand new 2014 Mercedes C class. Upon starting the vehicle the emergency brake indicator light comes on and alarm starts dinging even though the emergency brake has never been applied. The only way to make it stop is to pull the emergency brake release lever. This has occurred during initial start-up and while driving. The problem was reported to the dealership and their technicians response is " the C class does that". after taking the vehicle back to the dealer the technicians said since they couldn't recreate the problem, nothing must be wrong. Once I drove 30 miles to the dealership with the emergency brake light on and alarm dinging so they could witness it. The manager and technician met me in the garage and had me pull the lever; the pedal actually moved by about an inch. The manager and tech practically accused me of partially applying the brake (which I told them I have never pulled since owning the car). I told them this makes the situation even more serious because the brake may actually auto-apply while driving. Still, no concern about safety, or resolving the problem. Their resolution was for me to bring the vehicle in to trade for a used 2013 or used 2014 or pay to move into the E class which they say doesn't have this problem.

- Decatur, GA, USA