2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Oct 022015

C250

I leased my vehicle in November of 2013. The vehicle is driven to and from work and in the beginning I never had a problem. A few months ago I was driving down the freeway at 70 mph and all of a sudden the check engine light came on and the vehicle lost power. The vehile would violently shake whe trying to accelerate. I manged to continue to drive for about another 30 minutes and made it to the dealer and turned the car off but once they restarted it the car ran fine. Since then then car will randomly loose power all of a sudden it has been to the dealer 3 or 4 times and they keep it for a week and then give it back and say that they were not able to recreate the issue. I have almost been hit once so far and when I let my brother use the car he was almost hit while making a left turn because of the random power loss. I have contacted mbusa and spoke with someone named juan. I continued to call him ans take the vehicle to the dealer everytime it happened expressing my concerns abiut the car as well as safety. Juan intiallly acted as if he cared but that was shor lived as he finally called back on 10/2/15 and explained that his managers and mbusa were unable to create the issue at the dealer level so there is nothing they will do at this point... at that point I realized that there is nothing that mbusa will do for me and that I will continue to forced to drive and pay for a very unsafe vehicle.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Sep 112014

C250

The contact owns a 2014 Mercedes Benz C250. While driving approximately 65 mph, a warning light illuminated and the vehicle decelerated and became inoperable. The vehicle was able to be restarted and was towed by the dealer, who was not able to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Victor, NY, USA

Dec 052014

C250 4-cyl

Driving on a four-lane street (two lanes on each side) with my two kids. The 2014 C250 had a malfunction with the electric steering: Automatically jerking the car to the right. I lost control of the car and hit the curb. It felt like we went airborne. I turned the steering wheel to the left to try to stabilize the car, quickly realizing there was truck to the left I turned the steering wheel back to the right to avoid hitting the truck. This caused me to hit the curb again. It all happened so fast it was hard to stabilize the car. Mercedes-Benz (expressed as mbusa) had my car for over a month. In their incident questionnaire they asked to grant permission to image the data contained in the vehicle's event data recorder (edr). I sent the questionnaire to my insurance, and we didn't not grant mbusa permission as the lessee. Mbusa broke the law and went without my permission and imaged the data. Than came back and stated that they would not cover the damage, as the edr stated that I hit the curb. Mbusa expressed that I would have to pay out of pocket for their malfunction. I asked for a copy of the recorded conversation and I want the report. It was expressed by mbusa that I would have to get a court subpoena for them to give me the information. I called a attorney and this is against the law; and is all tactics/strategies on mbusa part to not take responsibility because they would by law have to report it to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). All I wanted was to keep my family safe, and for mbusa to take the car back as it was around 3 months old when the accident accused. If I fight this: Just to get someone to review the edr will cost around $10,000. Great business strategy mbusa in keeping your customers safe until someone dies because of your lack of humility!

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jan 162014

C250 6-cyl

I was driving four days after I leased my brand new C250 2014 Mercedes, and the car died in the middle of a busy street. The cop and I couldnt even move it to the side of the street. I am worried this will happen again. Thus I have been calling Mercedes to please replace the car with a safe one.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA