6.2

2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Sep 032015

C250

Random engine stall involving turbo and intercooler: We purchased this 2014 C250 with roughly 8,000 miles from nearby mb dealer. We have enjoyed the car immensely, exception this very serious "defect" with the engine. Observed on three separate occasions, this problem is very serious and could lead to potential collision while passing another vehicle, because the engine "stalls" under intense acceleration randomly, leaving only one cylinder working. With this one remaining cylinder, the car can barely be operated, shaking etc., but can be maneuvered off the road if possible in traffic, shut off, and re-started without any after-affects. We took to the dealer twice, and both times the mb dealer admits there is a very real problem with, allegedly, the "intercooler, " and that "all C250 engines have this same potential problem, " and furthermore, Mercedes does not currently have a solution or fix, but is working on it. Note: It's been six months since I reported my initial problem and had it recorded (filed at the dealer). The car computer does indicate the problem exists, and records each incident. Problem: Mb does not have a solution currently. It is very dangerous to have the car under full acceleration in sport mode, and then the car suddenly without warning shuts down ("computer generated stall"). I was fortunate to be going very fast merging onto interstate traffic, then able to get off the road before I was rear-ended. This same scenario has occurred on two other occasions without any accident, and while motor was not even heavily stressed as the initial incident.

- Southport, NC, USA

Dec 112015

C250

The contact owns a 2014 Mercedes Benz C250. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed a leak coming from the radiator and the transmission. In addition, the contact noticed fuel fumes coming from the oil pan and dip stick in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle and stated that the vehicle functioned as intended. In addition, the mechanic was unable to find any leaks. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Oct 022015

C250

I leased my vehicle in November of 2013. The vehicle is driven to and from work and in the beginning I never had a problem. A few months ago I was driving down the freeway at 70 mph and all of a sudden the check engine light came on and the vehicle lost power. The vehile would violently shake whe trying to accelerate. I manged to continue to drive for about another 30 minutes and made it to the dealer and turned the car off but once they restarted it the car ran fine. Since then then car will randomly loose power all of a sudden it has been to the dealer 3 or 4 times and they keep it for a week and then give it back and say that they were not able to recreate the issue. I have almost been hit once so far and when I let my brother use the car he was almost hit while making a left turn because of the random power loss. I have contacted mbusa and spoke with someone named juan. I continued to call him ans take the vehicle to the dealer everytime it happened expressing my concerns abiut the car as well as safety. Juan intiallly acted as if he cared but that was shor lived as he finally called back on 10/2/15 and explained that his managers and mbusa were unable to create the issue at the dealer level so there is nothing they will do at this point... at that point I realized that there is nothing that mbusa will do for me and that I will continue to forced to drive and pay for a very unsafe vehicle.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jun 162014

C250

Leased our Mercedes and shortly afterwards we started experiencing hesitation, lagging and even stalling of the vehicle as we tried to accelerate. Twice the vehicle has stalled as we pulled into traffic, narrowly escaping possible injury and damaging several cars. Hesitation has occurred without warning, (pressing on accelerator and the engine does not respond by evidence of no RPM increase). Again, this has occured numerous times. We have had the vehicle back to Mercedes four times, for a total of 39 days!!!! and still to this day, the vehicle still has the issue, while Mercedes claims there isn't a problem with the vehicle. They have given us every excuse in the book of why no problem exists, even after the service manager stated that the car has a 6 second delay which is unacceptable!!!!!!! two different individuals have drove the vehicle and experienced the same hesitation problem. The car in our eyes is a hazard to the streets and highways of the state of Florida. We are paying for a car that is dangerous and has the high probability of causing an accident with catastrophic results...........

- Apopka, FL, USA

Jan 162014

C250 6-cyl

I was driving four days after I leased my brand new C250 2014 Mercedes, and the car died in the middle of a busy street. The cop and I couldnt even move it to the side of the street. I am worried this will happen again. Thus I have been calling Mercedes to please replace the car with a safe one.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA