2.5

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Jun 242016

C300

Front driver seat belt make the airbag light come on and off when driving on the dash. Car will not start shortage that kill the battier this is my second battier in a week.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 202015

C300

Jan 2015 started care and immediately SRS and seatbelt light message appeared on dash. Late fall 2015 received recall letter, called mb of catonsville, received/went to appointment for repair. Missed time from from work only to be told w/N the hour part was not available, I would receive a call when it came in. Late May 16 I received another recall letter from mbusa referring me back to the dealer. Wednesday 06/15/16 I contacted mbusa who explained to me that the part for the airbag was not in but the sra part was available at the dealer. I was directly connected to mb of catonsville by mbusa and was assured part was there/ I was given an appointment next day Thursday at 8:15 a.M. at appt., 2 hours later I received a call from the svc mgr. Part was not available. It might take until Monday June 20, 2016. It is now Tuesday June 21, 2016. I have not heard anything from mb of catonsvile about the part. No one has reached out to me. I ask for a loaner because I was tired of driving the vehicle with anxiety since 2015. In order for me to receive a loaner I have to allow the dealership to hold $150 on my bank account while I have possession of the loaner. I cannot afford the cost at this time. And again I messed time from work to have car serviced. Please advise of any options I have at this time.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

May 092016

C300

After recall # 2015110002-NHTSA#15V711 was done my SRS lamp came on and now mb wants $663.79 to replace my drivers side seat belt buckle.could this recall cause this to happen.

- Nyack, NY, USA

May 052013

C300

Seatbelt buckle of the driver seat triggers the sensor that displays SRS malfunction. The dealer said that airbag will not deploy when this sensor is triggered.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Mar 072016

C300

Rear passenger seat belt restraint buckle will no longer make contact with metal seat belt latch. Does not insert completely and does not click. Mechanism appears to suddenly not allow for connection to lock and secure safety belt for a passenger to be secured. Not safe and secure for use at this time. Resistance has appeared with other rear seat belts as well. There is no blockage or disruption other than the mechanism within the seat belt buckle itself that does not click or stay in place when attached with the metal seat belt latch. Vehicle was in motion when seat latch became unattached as my child was secured in a safety seat and it was notices that the latch became unfastened involuntarily

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Dec 152015

C300

Received a recall notice in December 2015. Haven't received any information after this notice. More than 60 days.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Dec 152015

C300

I rvcd a recall letter NHTSA recall # 15V711 in mid Dec and still no request to bring my vehicle in for repairs

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 192014

C300

The contact owns a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300. While driving at low speeds, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the front driver side seat belt retracted while there was a passenger in the seat. The failures recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V711000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 70,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bristow, VA, USA

Jan 012016

C300

The contact owns a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300. While driving approximately 40 mph, the air bag SRS warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The failure occurred while driving various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was a failure with the driver side seat belt sensor. The contact mentioned that the seat belt sensor should be included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign number: 15V711000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 172015

C300

Car was working fine then the following morning, I cannot get my car to start. On the dashboard it reads SRS malfunction.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Apr 062015

C300

SRS malfunction drivers side warning came on. Only comes on when my husband drives, never has with me and I am the primary driver daily. Dealership wants to replace the seat belt buckle which is $500 - $1000. Why does it only do this when my husband drives? they cannot tell me that. And we can go from 1 mph up to anything. Help!

- Hampton, SC, USA

Jan 012013

C300 6-cyl

For unknown reason, a warning about SRS restraint system driver side failure. Unsure if this is air bag, or seat belt related. Dealer wanted $2200. To fix. Outrageous safety issue. From online search this seems to happen regularly to mb products. Why has dot not taken action. Thank you for a response.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 082014

C300 6-cyl

Near the end of a 388 mile drive, the warning light for SRS malfunction came on although it seemed that no condition changed. My car already had the tail light failure notification light engaged for a few months already. My concern is that this may be more than an electrical notification issue and that the SRS (secondary restraining system) is not going to work should I get into an accident.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Jun 262014

C300

SRS malfunction for front left seat message popped up recently. On further investigation by a mechanic is was found that the error code was 9B51 which mean that the front left seat belt buckle needs to be replaced. The problem with this issue is(as explained by the mechanic) that in an event of a crash the airbag will not deploy, which is pretty serious. Although I was still under the factory warranty for miles (50,000) my years with the car was above their year limit(4 years). I have seen exactly the same issue being reported by many Benz C300 year 2008+ owners reporting this issue in many forums online and there's a mention of this issue to NHTSA as well.

- Waltham, MA, USA