2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 092014

Shame on you Mercedes Benz! it appears to be a known issue that the steering lock goes out leaving your loyal customers stranded with no ability to start the car. Ok! now, I am told the cost to repair is $1450 for the part and the labor. Looks like my next car will be a BMW! (steering lock went out at 80K- leaving the car unable to start).

- Laguna Hills, CA, USA

Jun 062014

C300 6-cyl

Steering locked! no response from the main panel, I can just lock or unlock the doors.

- Oroville, WA, USA

Dec 172013

The contact owns a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The dealer stated that the steering lock failed. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Williamsville, NY, USA

Oct 312013

I drove my car home from work. Everything was working fine and ten minutes later when I went to go back to work, the car would not start. I could get all the electrical working, but the car would just not start up. I was told it was the steering lock, and it needs replaced.I got towed to the dealership and was told that my steering lock needs to be replaced. I don't feel safe driving this car anymore. Imaging driving in a bad part of town suddenly your "steering lock" malfunctions or my wife is driving and is stuck in a bad part of new orleans.

- Covington, LA, USA

Jun 172013

C300 6-cyl

More problems with model 204. There is a no expire recall campaign number 200802003 for the issue I have however my VIN is not part of it even though I have the same problem. Placed my key and car won't start, no crank. Got towed to the dealership and was told that my steering lock needs to be replaced. I don't feel safe driving this car anymore. Imaging driving hundreds of miles away from home and suddenly your "steering lock" malfunctions! scary.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 142008

The contact owns a 2008 Mercedes C300. The contact stated that while attempting to start the engine, the the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the dealer informed her that there was a steering wheel lock failure. The vehicle was repaired under warranty but the failure recurred later after the warranty had expired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 7500.

- Wa Mirada, CA, USA