2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Apr 302016

C300

Tarting making faint noise at 60,000 miles. By 63,000 miles, it was a little louder so I took it in for service. Transfer case and transmission need replacing. This is a Mercedes?? not covered by warranty by 10,000 miles, come on! such a disappointment for my a Mercedes. This is my second Mercedes, will never buy again!!!

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jan 012016

C300

Starting making faint noise at 60,000 miles. By 63,000 miles, it was a little louder so I took it in for service. Transfer case and transmission need replacing. This is a Mercedes?? not covered by warranty by 10,000 miles, come on! such a disappointment for my first Mercedes.

- Falmouth, ME, USA

Jan 082016

C300

Gear shifter will get stuck in park when parked on a slight incline, such as a driveway or small hill. I absolutely have to park on a flat surface if I want to get my shifter out of park. I have to tap on the top of the shifter and continue to try to get it out of park. This can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes and has happened multiple times. Very frustrating and I've only had the car a couple of months. Now I have to put money in to fix it already. Why is there not a recall on these vehicles with this problem? from my research, it seems as though plenty of Mercedes has this problem.

- Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA

Jun 012014

C300 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle, began hearing a humming underneath the car thinking it might have been the tires. The sound got louder as the days went on. Took vehicle to be serviced and was told that the problem was the transfer case and that the solution was a new transmission approximately $8000-$10000. Was also advised that other owners are having this same problem yet mb refuses to acknowledge currently.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Apr 012014

C300

The contact owns a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300. The contact stated while driving approximately 25 mph, a humming noise emitted from the shift lever under the vehicle and no warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnosis. The technician stated that the transfer case bearing failed and the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 99,000.

- Palmyra, NJ, USA

Sep 012014

C300 6-cyl

Transmission has gone completely out at 30,000 miles and Mercedes refuses to respond.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Aug 212014

C300 6-cyl

Speed dependent front end noise and vibration. Inspection by mb authorized dealer indicates: "front transfer case coming apart". mb customer service indicates that the problem is a "one off" but offered a 50% discount on repair. Repair cost is $7000. Suspect that this is not a "one off" and the problem is more frequent given the immediate offer of a discount on repair. Failure of the front transfer case at any speed can and most likely will cause wheel lock up, engine failure, loss of power assisted controls (steering and braking), loss of electrical systems (air bags), and possibly created an accident with fatalities.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Dec 222012

C300 6-cyl

On 12/22/12 at approximately 9pm I was parking my car having arrived at my destination. I had almost finished parking when my Mercedes Benz C300, 2010 lunched forward without warning and hit the truck in front of me resulting in a chain rection. With that truck smashing into the vehicle infront of it. I honestly believe that the vehicle suddenly accelerated on its own and therefore must have malfunctioned. I went searching and found similar complaints from a couple of other owners of Benz C300 2010 model.I called Mercedes Benz usa and reported and was told that I need to take the car in and pay for it to be diagnosed. They insisted that they have not heard of any similar complaint. I am concerned that this may happen again.

- Laytonsville, MD, USA

May 012010

C300

Vehicle jerks forward when coming to a stop. Hood was not secure and sensor never notified driver. Seat stopped working. Bluetooth is faulty. The jerking occurs every week, at least every other day dealer cannot duplicate problem so no repairs done. Bluetooth not fixed.

- Long Beach , CA, USA