2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Jun 212016

After I turn the car off, the front left light on the top continues to stay on. If I move the knob back and forth slightly, then shuts off, at least for a while. I just had to deal with a dead battery yesterday when I was getting ready to leave work. From what I have recently researched, this is a common issue among this model. Has a recall been made for this" will this cause any other issues with the vehicle? if it is a shortage in the electrical, am I in danger of the vehicle not reacting appropriately while driving at night or at a higher speed on the highway? is there any risk of it catching fire? there is also a sensor that needs to be replaced. I am not that car savvy, but I believe it may have something to do with fuel injection or something filtering properly. Is that another common issue"

- South Bend, IN, USA

May 222016

I was driving off the giant food lot today Sunday May 22 when a message appeared on the dashboard stating that the ebr, esp, and ABS collision prevention is inoperative. The car downshifted to below 10 miles. I live nearby so I drove the car slowly home and will take it to the dealer on Monday May 23, 3016.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Apr 112016

The door handle is broken on the driver side. The driver cannot get out rightaway if there is an emergency. The handle was not forced, it just start moving by itself. Looks life the cable is not atached. This is a safety issue. How come no body is looking at this.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Mar 192015

The door handles are broken on 3 doors causing the door panels to be replaced this really needs to be looked into by Mercedes and recalled a Mercedes is a high end vehicle and should not have these type of issues

- Hazelwood, MO, USA

Feb 042016

Inside door handles should be recelled due to safety hazard I got trapped in my car and everyone has same issue its a $1600 fix and have to replace door panel

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Dec 112015

Bad esl car completely locked not able to do anything was stranded 30 min from home payed too much money for the car that really sucked.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Sep 082015

Purchased car March 2015 with a 3 year extended warranty. Inside drivers door handle broke (plastic piece inside door I believe). Dealer claims warranty does not cover this because it is cosmetic and it will cost me in excess of $1100. To get it fixed. This is a major safety issue, one should not have to open the window and feel for the door handle to open the door. In many situations this could be a matter of life or death. This is just as critical as an air bag in my eye. I believe the dealer should cover this under the warranty, and may even warrant a recall.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Sep 172015

I drove my car to a store, turned it off and left it for 10 minutes. When I returned the car would not start. I had a friend try to jump my 1 year old battery amd still no start. My display says to remove key when my key is in. Lights, radio, and locks work but no windows. Dealer says I need a new steering wheel column. This problem is posted everyone online. Seems like a common thing. Dealership says it'll cost me $1575 and take 5 days to fix.

- Great Mills , MD, USA

Aug 142015

I had just stopped in driveway in my house after a 15 mile drive from my office when I tried to open the door, the handle flapped about but did not engage the lock to open the door. I had to start the car again, rolled down the window (glass) before I could open the door using the out side handle. The local Mercedes Benz dealer and the Mercedes Benz usa representative informed that I have to replace the whole driver's side door at a cost of $708 after the local dealer discount. Mercedes Benz has installed a plastic handle as a door handle but requiring buyers to purchase a whole door when the plastic handle breaks. Is this allowed" even if this is allowed is it good for the customers? what can you do about this" as far as I am concerned they have lost a four-time Mercedes Benz customer. But I want others not to get caught in this money-pit. Please help.

- Newark, DE, USA

Jul 292015

When trying to exit the vehicle, using the driver interior door handle, the handle no longer engages to open the door. The driver must roll down the window to release the door from the outside to exit the vehicle. In the event of an emergency where the vehicle electrical system was not working, the driver would be unable to leave the vehicle.

- Blythewood, SC, USA

Aug 182015

I have 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, my car would not start with my key even though the battery checked okay. This is a very common failure among C300 models (2008 to 2013). So meaning cars are vulnerable to this failure around 5 year mark. Manufacturer should issue a recall on these parts, as they have a very bad reliability.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

May 282015

Driver's side inner door handle cable connector broke. Cannot exit car from inside and must roll down window and open door from outside. Could be a problem in the event of an emergency. This is a common problem with Mercedes Benz on multiple discussion forums.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA