2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Jul 212016

Collusion prevention system inoperative. Causes car to slow slow down and or stop while on the road. Poses a severe life threatening driving condition for me and other drivers. Many other Mercedes Benz owners across the usa, Canada, and Japan are complaining of the same error message and issues. My mbusa advisor stated her vehicle is doing the same thing. My service advisor at the dealership stated its mice that are eating the wires. I am taking my vehicle to two other mechanics for opinions on the cause of the error message. I have documents from other Mercedes Benz owners who have complained of the same issue and error message.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

May 122016

Was driving on city street, and the collision prevention assist disabled warning sign came on and I lost power to the car. I'm told this is called "limp mode." I tried to pick up speed by pressing throttle to the floor, but got no reaction at all. Then some power came back, but not much. Each time I braked to stop for light or turn this would happen. After I got home I restarted the engine and it seemed normal again. However I was afraid to drive it, especially since in the last six months my power steering also failed, and had it towed to dealer. They ran tests and no code for failure was found. They said they found some software updates which they did. Unfortunately, after I picked up the car from service I saw that my main complaint wasn't even mentioned. Only that I sometimes had problem with collision control warning going off for no apparent reason.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 242015

The contact owns a 2015 Mercedes Benz C300. While driving at 55 mph, when the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not accelerate. The contact coasted over to an emergency lane. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,200.

- Anaheim, CA, USA