2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320:

2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Owner Comments

Dec 022014

C320 3.2L V6

Original issue was that car would not accelerate, then they replaced spark plugs, coils, pistons and I don’t know what else on Thanksgiving day 400 miles from my home….:( I spent thousands to fix this failure mode that was related to 3 of the 6 cylinders failed. Then the car had exact same problem about 2-3 week later and it AGAIN cost me over thousand.

All the problems with C320 started to appear right after the 100,000 mark on mileage. I have had several major issues for different failures over the life of this car so far, like major oil leak from gasket (cost $2500), left seat control module two times (cost >$1200 every time), ESD failure (cost $2000) that locked my steering wheel, fuel pump and filter failure (cost $1200), two other reoccurring issues that are hard to explain and so on... Another annoying one is where I can never get rid of light bulb/lamp failure signs even after I have replaced many of them over time.

I don't think Mercedes even care about users' concerns anymore. I think they are trying to get into car service business by producing crappy cars instead of selling reputed reliable cars.

- , Santa Clara, CA, USA