2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments

Mar 132015

The car showed "pre-safe unavailable" and showed that the stability control off light on the dash. It went into "limp" mode just before a dangerous Y shaped intersection where I was turning to the left leg of the Y and the oncoming traffic was from the right side of the Y. the car was almost totally unresponsive to throttle inputs, and as I had to slow down to see down the hill to the right side of the Y, acceleration across the intersection was less than normal walking speed. Luckily, there was no traffic coming to the right or behind me. Dealer was unable to find the cause. I traded the car in for the next year model due to feeling unsafe driving it.

- Utica, NY, USA

May 112014

Car completely shutoff tonight on the highway and luckily I was able to get pulled over without incident. I had numerous messages on the display, including "service required, do not shift gears, visit dealer" and "esp inoperable, see operator's manual". the car would not do anything once I pulled over, nothing happened when I turned the key, no noises, nothing. Mb roadside assistance came and tried to jump start and disconnect the battery to no avail. So, off on the tow truck it went.

- Severn, MD, USA

Apr 242014

CLA250 4-cyl

While driving the vehicle suddenly the accelerator started to have a delayed response. Pressing the accelerator would not do anything for between 3 to 5 second after the car was stopped. After the delay, the car would respond and was drivable, but after every subsequent stop, the 3 to 5 second delay would return. This continued for the 20 miles that I drove to the dealership to have them look at the car and repair it. I believe this unresponsiveness of the accelerator to be a dangerous condition as it prevented me from being able to driving normally and could have prevented me from moving my vehicle if it was stopped and a situation required it to be moved quickly. At this time this occurred the following warning lights appeared on the dash. The check engine light came on. The esp warning light came on, the esp system "off" light came on, and a message stating that "presafe functions were unavailable" appeared on the dash board computer screen. This was the second time this happened to me. The first time was at the beginning of April. I pulled the car over. Restarted the car and the condition fixed itself. This time, restarting the car did not clear the condition.

- Shelton, CT, USA

Jan 172014

This has happened multiple times starting in Jan. 2014 and most recently April 15, 2014: Come to a stop at red light (or stop sign) and when I step on gas to go when light turns green, etc., no power or, at most, car barely coasts to shoulder of road. It does not sound like the engine engages. I turn the ignition off and then on again and the car runs. This happens when eco stop/start function is on and also happens when it is off. I am afraid to drive the car because this happens without warning. I could be driving the car for a week with no problem and then it happens.

- New Windsor, NY, USA