2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments

Nov 182015

Bought the cla 250 brand new in 2014, vehicle has now twice gone in to pre-safe mode and inoperative mode while driving. The car switches to neutral as I am driving and then refuses to shift in to drive or reverse leaving me stranded in the streets on two occasion which could have caused two very serious accidents. The car on the second time had to be towed to dealership who could'nt find anything wrong with the car. There solution was more of a guess about a cpu needing to be replaced.

- Wjindermere, FL, USA

Jun 082015

The contact owns a 2014 Mercedes Benz Cla250. While attempting to reverse, the steering wheel seized. In addition, the power steering malfunction, see manual was displayed across the message board. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 252015

While driving on the highway without notice my car completely shut off. Several notifications appear on the dash screen "inoperable see owners manual" this is the 2nd time in two days where this same dangerous life threatening issue occurred.

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Oct 042014

Purchase my 2014 cla 250 in January 2014 for my daughter. In may my daughter call and said the car just stopped running while she was driving it. Didn't really think anything of it because she was a new driver. About 3 weeks later she said it did the same thing. Again in October 2014 I was driving the car. Driving about 40mph and the car just stop moving. A message of inoperative came the screen. I was able to pull to the side of the road. The steering was very hard to turn and nothing would work except for the brakes. If you turn the car off and start it again the car will start working again. Put the car into the shop. They said it was a computer update. Mercedes dealer updated the system. As they were driving the car back to me the same thing happened. So they took it back to the dealer kept if a week and said they fixed the problem. Three months later exactly 1 year having the car. My daughter was driving to school and it stop running again and this time the tire lights came on. So I picked the car up from school and on the way home the car stop running again received the same message as always the car is inoperative. This has happened in one year of owning the car 6 times. This is very dangerous. I do not advise anyone to purchase this car.

- Belle Chasse, LA, USA

Sep 022014

As I was driving on the highway around 65 miles per hour, the vehicle's check engine came up and said " inoperative, pre safe inactive" I freaked out. I was at highways speeds and it was inoperative. I noticed that the power steering was affected and the vehicle was unresponsive when I accelerated. The ABS system was disabled, I was scared even to brake because I know that when the ABS system is disabled the brakes can lock up and cause an accident, injuries and even death. I have noticed that many Cla250 owners have the same problem.

- Lynwood, CA, USA