6.4

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments

Aug 292016

CLA250

I am writing to raise serious concerns about the run-flat tires installed on my 2014 cla 250. After 12,830 miles, I experienced my first flat tire. After consulting the owner's manual, I learned that I had run-flat (moextended) tires and could proceed (having the ability to drive 50 miles on the flat, according to my manual). I was shocked to learn that this tire, could not be repaired and that my only option was to purchase a new tire. On 8/29/16, I was traveling South on highway 101 in a very rural part of humboldt county in northern California, and experienced another flat tire (again with one of the factory installed tires). From a deserted gas station in a place called weott, I tried to call Mercedes-Benz roadside assistance but after being put on hold and trying to navigate the menu, I gave up. I knew that there were only small towns for approximately 75 miles South of me, so I chose to return to fortuna (where my sister lived), approximately 20 miles to the North). The mileage at the time of this flat was 22, 684. Just a few miles away from my destination, I pulled over because the vibration in the car had turned to shaking and I was finding it very difficult to control my vehicle. I became frightened that I might lose control. I must reiterate that at this point I was extremely frightened for my safety and pulled over on the side of highway 101 and called for a tow truck. I had driven cautiously for only 25 miles on the flat tire, nothing near the 50 miles promised in my auto manual. At the tire center, I opted to purchase two non run flat tires. 1) is there a quality issue that needs to be investigated regarding the factory installed moextended tires? 2) clearly the moextended tires are not designed to be run when flat for 50 miles, and that needs to be changed in the auto manual.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Jan 232015

CLA250

Since I bought this car brand new in December 2014, I have had to replace all 4 tires at least twice each. They constantly get bubbles on the sidewalls. I have the sports edition, so I have the Goodyear runsflats which cost over $350 each.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Oct 222014

CLA250

The factory tires on the Mercedes Benz cla 250 are defective. All 4 tires got bubbles in them which is a danger to anyone driving as the tires could blow at any time. These bubbles are not obvious so I didn't know about them until I brought in for service. Less than a year all 4 tires had issues and after doing research I have seen multiple posts about these tires and bubble issues. Goodyear F1run flats.

- Cumberland, RI, USA