1.7

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320:

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Owner Comments

Sep 142016

CLK320

On O around September 14, 2016 I fueled this auto I recently purchased as a second car. My garage began to wreak heavily of gasoline. My home is totally electric and I have no gas powered items in there. My other vehicle never smells and I have had it 2 years. I removed the mb and the smell no longer existed, eliminating any other source. I researched this complaint on the internet and was shocked at the number of complaints ignored and the obvious impending dangers. This car had only 68000 miles and seems to have been serviced frequently per car fax. Per internet complaints this travesty was never recognized B mbusa and owners were left holding the lemon and dealers got away as well. I am concerned because I do not know what else is connected to this fuel dilemma! I know the dangers and I do not want it to erupt in fire and destroy me, my house nor my new Porsche! this seems costly and an accident awaiting to happen. I cannot understand why others with documented problems on the internet have not registered a complaint with you. I am appalled and chagrined at mbusa for allowing this problem to exist. I will be contacting every one I am able to regarding the serious and eminent danger of this fuel line malady.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Oct 152013

CLK320

I smelled strong vapors of gas inside my car and outside the area. I looked under car gas was pouring out from under fuel tank. Took it to ( towed that is) the shop find fuel tank was defective ! found hole in the tank on the tab if that makes sense. The shop called around for safety recall and Mercedes see if any other information. I am aware Mercedes has had problem in past with fuel tanks. The sop informed me if I drove this car with heat from exhaust would have caught fire., I am trying to contact Mercedes corporate head quarters with no luck. Is there anyway I can report file have recourse.this came to $3000 out of pocket ! not mention it could have had serious consequences !

- Millwood, NY, USA