2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320:

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Owner Comments

Apr 042005

CLK320 8-cyl

On Monday, April 4th, I was driving my 2004 clk55 convertible to my office, going 55 mph and lost all power. I attempted to put the car into neutral and the car going again, with no success. I was able to pull over on the side of the road, and then drive a few miles per hour to get to a safe place off of the highway. The dealer is telling me that the torque converter and the transmission are broken. The torque converter part has been ordered from germany, and it is on backorder for the entire United States. Had this happened in other circumstances, it could have led to a life threatening accident. I am writing this letter to you to make you formally aware of the problem, and to prevent it from happening to other individuals. I am the president of a $2 billion medical device company, and had something like this happened in our business with an operating room product, or any critical device, we would be obliged to immediate fully investigate and notify the fda if a recall was necessary.

- Highland Park, IL, USA