2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55:

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 Owner Comments

Apr 122016

The contact owns a 2006 Mercedes Benz Cls55. The contact stated that while depressing the brake pedal to stop the vehicle, the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard. The contact stated that the brakes had to be pumped in order to slow down and the emergency brake was engaged to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the sbc pump had failed and would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware failure. The failure mileage was 80,000. The VIN was not available.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Aug 212015

The vehicle was sended to inspection due to a "brake warning" started showing at the gauges control panel. Mercedes Benz dealer service manager indicates that they not have a correct tool to recode to actualize the brake system and /or fix the problem at that time. Three visits and several phone calls been made to the dealer. The service advisor is always with other customer. I'm stop to drive my vehicle, because I never knew how deep is the problem. Doing a visual inspection I observed that the rear brake pads are not applying good enough, the surfaces of the rotors are different. The Mercedes Benz dealer representative still not notify me. This is a safety issue. This vehicle is not making any noise or have any vibration during braking. But I notice that is braking more at front than the rear. *brake fluid is been changed by the dealer. Service advisor stated that this car have an "extended recall" for brake mal-function/on different areas, but nothing is been done to fix the codes: Hydraulic faults/C25D0/C2514/C249F/C22B5 & C223C. This may be the ABS control box fault. After been waiting from 07:30 - 13:00 (5.5 hrs) on my last visit. I received my car back just with few words front the advisor; " we need to order a part to re-coded your system, we contact you later (21 Aug 2015). Note: Recall # 05V133000 did you can assist me with this problem/ situation? thanks in advance. V/ respectfully, Mr. W.ortiz

- Bayaymon, PR, USA

Oct 232013

CLS55 8-cyl

Bought the car in Oct.of 2013. Third brake warning comes on from time to time. Have checked my brake lights with someone pushing the brake pedal while I observed more than once and they work fine. Two of my co-workers have told me recently while following me that my third brake light does not always work. I know there is a brake light issue that is being recalled on a different Mercedes model and year. Was thinking that my vehicle might have the same issue.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA