2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55:

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 Owner Comments

Feb 212006

CLS55 8-cyl

I have a 2006 Mercedes-Benz cls500. When faced or parking downwards on a hill, the car rolls forward when you attempt to change gears. If you are unable to brake in time, you will hit something. Twice I almost hit the parked car in front of me, once a wall in a subterranean parking garage. For example. I am parked on a hill facing down. I need to back up to pull out of my parking space. Before I can shift (this is an automatic transmission), the car is rolling forward toward the car in front of me. I complained to the dealer and the manufacturer, and was told the 2006 Mercedes models have a new transmission. In order to increase the number of gears from 5 to 7, they had to eliminate the "park lock" feature. I have never encountered a transmission like this in 40 years of driving. I believe it is a real safety hazard.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Jul 042006

CLS55 8-cyl

No warning events. Automatic shifter freezes in gear. Repaired once - recurred. Repaired again - recurred. Wiring rerouted to another circuit - shifter now jerks as it goes into gear. We are concerned about failure again. Mercedes claimed that a case file was set up and that we were the only incident in the us. We called after the most recent incidence and we were informed that no case file was established by the dealer. In addition, right rear tire thread bare after 8,000 miles of use in light driving - 85% city.

- Hunting Valley, OH, USA

Dec 202005

CLS55 6-cyl

The transmission of my new car, 2006 mbz C280, has failed three times. The car goes into a false neutral while driving and then eventually falls into gear. After this episode, the car continues to drive in a low gear. The dealership has tried: 1. replacing the valve body on the car's transmission and uploading the new software 2. replacing the transmission with a completely new transmission from the dealership 3. replacing the valve body of the new transmission.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA