2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS63:

2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 Owner Comments

May 012013

CLS63 8-cyl

The first time on 05.01.2013, I was approaching the expwy exit (at about 45mph) when I heard a load pop & the car system warning for low tire pressure came on. I pulled over and inspected the front passenger tire that appeared to be flat. Roadside assistance from Mercedes Benz- san juan came & the gentleman proceeded to change the tires. Upon inspection, he stated that the tire had blown out from the inside was and there appeared to be no puncture damage to the tire. Later, the dealership also stated that there was no identifiable puncture mark and that the treading was like new. My 2011 Cls63 has only 23,000 miles. The dealership determined that the Bridgestone potenza tires that I had were not covered by the warranty, and proceed to charge me for the replacement. Then on 06.09.2013 the front driverside tire blew out as I was driving home, on a 30 mph road. Same scenario, I heard a loud pop and pulled over. Roadside assistance was again on site, and the front driverside tire had blown out from the inside wall. Upon discussing the obvious tire defect with the same dealership, they again stated that the treading was like new and there was no identifiable puncture damage to the tire. They later stated that I must have hit a sidewalk to make the tire burst. I told the dealership that if I had hit a sidewalk, wouldn't the damage have been on the outer wall" or at least, the tire would have visible damage caused by hitting the sidewalk? they later stated that after further review they had identified a puncture mark. Upon questioning their new findings and my previous experience, just one month earlier with the other front tire, the dealership stated that the warranty would not cover road hazard damages - even though they did not identify any, and they also kept no record of my first complaint. How is it that the tires pose a hazard at such a low speed, on a sports car"

- Mcallen, TX, USA