1997 Mercedes-Benz E300 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mercedes-Benz E300:

1997 Mercedes-Benz E300 Owner Comments

Jul 012010

E300 D Diesel

I bought this car to burn bio diesel. It is by far the worst car I've ever had. The electric windows need rotors replaced, new radiator, new exhaust, new sensors. The check engine light has been on far more than it has been off. MB people can't figure why the car runs rough. The car is loud and the transmission thumps way to often. Now during the winter you have to warm it up for about half an hour before it can reach speeds up to 30mph. I've spent thousands replacing parts and immediately something else goes wrong. To fix the AC is about $3300....may need a new fuel injector, but no one is sure if that's the problem. This is the worst and least economical car I've ever owned. Now that I've got a Mercedes, I hear all the complaints so many others have. This car is pure junk. I've got a Ford F-350 with just as many miles, and has pulled trailers over 150K miles and have spent only a fraction on maintenance. My wife's TDI bug is a bit better than the MB, but always has an issue. I'm a diesel fan, but I guess I'll to wait until America or the Japanese start introducing their diesels here.

- , Chapel Hill, NC, USA