2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Jul 042010

E320 6-cyl

Problem #1). The interior driver and passenger door handles have a chrome tape of some type that covers the handles. This tape overtime comes off on the inside and it is extremely sharp like a razor. I cut my finger twice on the driver-side and a passenger got cut on the passenger side a year later. I contacted Mercedes about this and they wouldn't do or offer anything. Problem #2). The driver and passenger sun visors overtime get very very stiff and will not go back all the way up. My wife can not even move them at all. I also verbally reported these problems to penske Mercedes in West covina, ca to my service writer and he stated "yes we are aware as it is a common problem however there is no recall on those items". he wanted to charge me $275 for each sun visor to be replaced and that did not include labor to install them. Problem #3). Lower ball joints go out quite frequently and is also a "known common problem".

- Ontario, CA, USA

Apr 262012

E320

While driving at 45mph to go to work my car lost the brakes. The display showed brakes defective. Luckily I had plenty of space to stop the car with emergency brakes. I did diagnostic on the car and the sensotronic brake control sbc unit as Mercedes-Benz calls it (the brake unit) was defective. This is unacceptable defect and could be life threatening to others if they loose the brakes like I did while driving. Dealer diagnosed the car as well and replaced the sbc pump.

- Parkville, MD, USA