2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Oct 282004

E320 8-cyl

I own a Mercedes E 500, year 2004.I found out about the recall for the brake problem after I almost kill myself when the brake system failed yesterday. The Mercedes failed to inform the consumer esp. This kind of defect. I found out that this recall was since may and had to experience myself before receiving the recall letter. This is not a good bussiness practice and in fact a negligence on the part of the company. This can cause my life and may others who own the same model of car in whom I know a few and they have not received any recall letter.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA

Nov 062002

E320 6-cyl

The 2003 Mercedes Benz E320 has a faulty gateway module and software. This module has resulted in problems being reported in my car that the brakes, self restraint system, telephone system, and tire pressure have failed. I have no way of knowing if the the safty systems are operational or not. At this point I am driving a car that says my SRS system is not working. I have been in the Mercedes shop no less than 4 times to have the problem repaired. It simply re-occurs after each repair. From research on the internet, this appears to be a common problem.

- Tyler, TX, USA