2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Oct 262010

I have a 2003 Mercedes E320 which I bought from coggin motormall in ft. Pierce. I have put only 5000 miles on car and it has been in shop 2 times. First the front thrusts and rods were bad and now the car is stalling on me, once with my son in car. When the car stalls, I lose all control of the vehicle and have almost been killed in these 2 failures. It has stalled on me 4 times and now I refuse to drive this car and now the ball joints are bad. I hear that there is a recall on the struts and joints 200901002 "? the car once came on and said rear brake failure as well. How does a car dealership sell a vehicle to a customer with knowing that it could kill a family" they said they inspected it.. this is going to kill me and my son.. solve that, I wont drive this car.. Mercedes really needs to do something about these dangerous things.. it is going to cost another 1000 dollars to fix and I cant afford it.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Jul 182010

I own a Mercedes Benz E-500, 2003, with only 31,700 miles on it. On Friday, July 16, I had it serviced at my local mb dealer in larchmont, NY. On Sunday, July 18, as I started the car in my garage, a warning message appeared saying "stop. Car too low". I have contacted the dealer and they will look at it but, I believe it is a failure of the front right (passenger side) airmatic suspension, the car is obviously out of warranty but I can't believe that, after only 31,700 miles, that such a part can fail. I'm rather hesitant to drive it to the dealer but they are assuring me that it is safe to drive. In my research I found that mb has had similar complaints on this type of part and I wish for the NHTSA to take some sort of action to force mb to address this issue. Thank you

- Rye, NY, USA

Feb 202009

While pulling into a parking space the front rt. Side suspension began to sink. I got out of the car to take a look and noticed the airbag suspension had completely collapsed. I tried pressing a few buttons to raise the suspension and nothing. The collapse of the airbag suspension was instantaneous and with brief notice.

- Hayward, CA, USA