2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 102013

E350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle jerked and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the cam shaft needed to be rebuilt. The manufactured was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage and current mileage was 64,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 312012

I have appr. 64,0000 miles on my Mercedes E350 and the check engine light came on. Sent it to the Mercedes dealership and said that the car had a balance shaft problem. Sold me the car in 2008. Service bulletins were out since 2007. Mercedes will only help minimally with the cost. Total cost so far is $3750. To much for me. Told Mercedes that I would have to drive around in a defective vehicle with my family and asked the rep. If that was safe, he replied "no". rep. Said that there was no campaign out on this problem. Something needs to get done before casualties occur.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Feb 012012

E350 6-cyl

I had so many problem with my Mercedes E350, but when the engine light was on I couldn't believe was the balance shaft. It was in warranty so I didn't pay a cent but when they returned the car back was not the same any more, the tail light was cracked and the A/C opening are inside. The car is not any more the same, sometimes is shaking, and has so many other problems. I saw online that Mercedes has to many cars with this defects that brings more problems, so I'm asking what are you waiting for a recall"????"

- Boca Raton, FL, USA