2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Nov 142016

E350

Due to investigation ea 13-003 for fuel system, warranty has been extended to 15 years with unlimited miles for the fuel pump on this vehicle. This was presumably done to avoid a recall. South bay Mercedes Benz is refusing to honor this warranty though all criteria have been met.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jun 272016

E350

I purchased this car two months ago from auto dealer who gave me copy of car fax report. No problems were indicated. After filling car up with gas (not topping it off) there is an extremely strong smell of gas inside and especially outside the back of the car. The smell goes away after the gas tank reaches 3/4 full. I recently found out that the previous car owner had the car serviced at the mercedez Benz dealership 6 months prior to my purchase. The dealership told the owner that the fuel system was leaking but the previous owner refused to have it repaired. This was not noted in the car fax report - only that there were no service issues. I requested that the fuel system be repaired under the 15 year extended warranty but mercedez Benz says that the car is not covered under the extension.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 042016

Gas smell after fueling full, smell disappears after driving to 3/4 gas level

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Jul 262016

E350

The contact owns a 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350. After retreiving the vehicle from the dealer where a recall repair was performed, there was a strong odor of fuel still present in the cabin of the vehicle. The dealer claimed to have replaced the defective fuel pump as part of the recall. The fuel pump was leaking and caused the rear seat cushion and the heat pad to become filled with fuel. The manufacturer would not replace the cushion and heat pad. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The recall details were unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 98,600.

- Feasterville Treose, PA, USA

Jun 252016

E350

Takata recall I went over a speed bump and my air bags deployed on the drivers side and the rear passenger (behind the driver).

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

E350

This report is an additional inspection report for ODI number 10745880 on 07/28/2015. I attached a pdf report for your further investigation.

Mar 142016

E350

The vehicle leaks gas when the tank is filled. It seems to drip internally and can be heard as drops. The accumulated gas then evaporates and it has a very strong smell. In the garage, the smell is extremely strong. No wet areas under the car. Gas seems to collect on some of the plastic covers under the vehicle and close to the exhaust. Appears to be more pronounced rear/driver side. If this gas got in contact with the exhaust it could case a serious and possibly fatal fire.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 222016

E350

The passenger compartment has a very strong smell of gasoline to the point of feeling dizzy in my 10 minute commute to and from work. This started a few months ago and has gotten progressively worse by the week. What appears to be a gasoline leak has gotten so bad that now even the outside of the car smells like gasoline. I've had to resort to driving with the windows open and parking my car outside the garage for fear of either passing out when driving or creating a fire hazard in my garage.

- Covina, CA, USA

Jan 012016

E350

Smells like gas in the interior of the vehicle and stronger smell in the trunk. Smells more when it's full of gas.theres no leak in fuel pump sending units.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Dec 142014

E350

Strong smell of gas inside and outside perimeter of the automobile after a gas tank fill up. Smells go away after driving 40-50 miles. I have been refueling at about 80% capacity to mitigate the situation.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Nov 232015

E350

After filling car up with gas (not topping it off) the inside of the car smells like gas. The smell goes away after the gas tank is 3/4 full

- Glendale, CA, USA

Nov 092015

E350

Strong gas odor coming from inside the vehicle after filling up. Dealership states, no active recalls and are unable to source the odor.

- Broomfield, CO, USA

Sep 072015

E350

Filled up gas tank Monday evening and parked in garage.I woke upto very strong smell of gas-fumes in my garage.took it to auto repair shop I go to.written diagnosis given.tech found fuel sender on the driver side to be cracked leaking fuel.tech recommended replacing fuel tank assembly.vehicle not safe to drive.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 092015

E350 6-cyl

I have been smelling gasoline for months now on the exterior of my car, on 9/9/15 I started the car drove a short distance it died in the middle of the street. I had it towed to Mercedes who said I needed a new gas tank installed for $3600. I asked about the class action regarding fuel tanks and they told me it only applies to vehicles with plastic gas tanks? I have already been forced to replace the transmission 6800 and the top end of the engine 4400 and now this. Mb needs to pay for this repair in full. Please help! thank you

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 072015

E350

For several times now I can smelling a strong odor of gasoline inside and outside of the car, even more so after pumping gas on the car. Sometimes I can see a small leak into the parking space.

- Miami, FL, USA

E350

This is second report regarding to the tracking number 10745880. As w. w. simonson Mercedes authorized repair shop service advisor yahoum moe called me to present a quote for repair, I visited the shop on August 4, 2015. The ro number 360666 for the quote amount is $8608.50. Even if the fire damage is very significant, the service advisor did not explain me the cause reason of fire and abnormal disconnection of fuel line, which is located at the driver side and isolated from the engine, for the leakage of gasoline to fire.

E350

I drove about 15 miles from my home to my work on the interstate highway 10 in the West of los angeles. I was going to exit from the I-10 to alameda exit, I saw white fume coming up from the ventilation on hood and the gas smell start to come into inside and I roll down the windows while taking exit and parking to a space of truck wash place at 1630 mcgarry St los angeles, ca 90021. As soon as I arrive the truck wash place, strong flame and gas started from the front of my car. I asked help from the truck wash people and the came with water hose and fire extinguisher to cease the fire. After stop the fire I found the fuel line was disconnected on the top above engine at driver side. There was not tear or ware as the car was in the w I simonson Mercedes Benz on the date of June 1, 2015, about two months ago. The car was towed by a fletbed to the w. I. simonson at 1330 Colorado ave, santa monica, ca 90404 310-526-4700.

Feb 012014

E350

Vehicle often smells of gas fume. This problem has occurred intermittently since I first owned the car in 2012. It is very severe sometimes. I was unable to determine the source of the problem until the fuel pump began to malfunction and I took the car to a mechanic who informed that this was a known issue with this particular model vehicle. Updated 09/14/15

- Claremont, CA, USA

Dec 122012

E350

Check engine light came on had vehicle checked throughly discovered fuel sending unit/tank problem.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 302015

E350

I am a disabled veteran and on April 30, 2015 my car smelled like gas. Mercedes Benz usa said to take it to nearest dealer atlanta classic cars in gwinnett county, ga. The problem: Leaking fuel tank, it took 120 days to replace the tank. The car still smells like gas, the dealership recommended replace the seat cushions, and the felt. Both are wet from gas, and has gas vapors on it. The technician showed me how to lift up the seats, and I took pictures of the wet seat cushions, and the wet felt. The dealership wants to charge me $565. My complaint is that I should not have to pay for a problem that I did not cause; this was caused by a leaking fuel tank. My throat burns from the gas smells, my eyes water, and I'm getting headaches. Part of my disability is asthma and the fumes in this car exacerbates the asthma. I called Mercedes Benz usa and they said unfortunately they covered just the part! this is horrible, and dangerous to ride around with wet seat cushions with gas on them. I cant believe Mercedes is not standing behind their product. This is a firetrap and they should be responsible for replacing the seat cushions and felt at no cost to me the consumer!

- Loganville, GA, USA