2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Oct 272016

E350

I'm smelling a heavy gas odor in my vehicle. Like there's a leak in the back seat.I feel unsafe in my vehicles. Is this problem covered under recall?

- Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Oct 192016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. While driving 75 mph on the highway, the vehicle ran out of fuel and shut off. The dealer diagnosed that the fuel pump was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 116,000.

- Pleasington, CA, USA

Aug 152016

E350

Hello guys. I am having an issue with my E350 (07), everytime I fill up my tank I can smell the gas. I don't smell it inside the car but outside the car and it is strong. It is really strong that you thought the gas spilled. Once the gas goes down to like 3/4 of a tank the odor will be gone. I tried tracing where the gas odor is coming from and I think it is under the fender on the rear driver side.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jan 012016

E350

When I fuel the car to full, there is the high odor of fuel. Only when the car is full, I can smell the odor of gas. The vehicle is stationary, in the garage.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 282016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. The contact smelled a fuel odor inside and outside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the local mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 160,000.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sep 302016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that after the vehicle was refueled and driving at various speeds, a fuel odor emitted from the vehicle without warning. In addition, the contact mentioned that after the vehicle was parked in the garage, a fuel odor was present inside the residence. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that there was a leak inside the fuel tank and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,640.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 032016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. After the vehicle was refueled and driving at various speeds, a fuel odor emitted from the vehicle without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Sep 122016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. The contact stated that there was an abnormal fuel odor in the vehicle and it experienced a complete loss of power. The contact stated that the vehicle could not be restarted. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 142,000.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Sep 062015

E350

My car is having a extremely strong gasoline smell inside and outside of my car after I fill up the car. I have not seen any gasoline leak on the ground. But the smell inside and around the car is getting worse as time goes by and now I am afraid to park the car in the garage. I started noticing the smell 8-10 months ago and it has been getting worse after fill up. The smell is noticeable after the the tank is half empty. This is a serious risk that needs to be addressed by Mercedes Benz. Mostly I smell the gas when the car is parked. The rear seat passengers have complained about the strong smell when the car is moving as well.

- Keller, TX, USA

May 272016

E350

I have been reading all fuel related complaints regarding my vehicle and its overwhelming the amount of complaints over the same thing. I have a gas odor in rear left side of vehicle after I feel my car. My certified Mercedes mechanic inspected the rear seat are and notice fuel at the sending unit on top of tank. Mercedes Benz says my VIN is not part of the extended warranty but yet I have the exact same problem that those non pzev vehicles. Is there some kind of ruling or agreement says Mercedes needs to resolve this problem??

- Davie, FL, USA

Apr 132016

E350

Strong odor of gasoline after filling tank. Vehicle was stationary. Noticeable by driver and passenger when opening door upon egress. Also when walking around rear of vehicle.

- Scottsboro, AL, USA

Feb 152016

E350

This report is an additional inspection report for ODI number 10745880 on 07/28/2015 and 10855318. It is an identical fire incident that I attach an inspection report for your further investigatio, Mercedes Benz may have to make a recall to replace fuel hose for the public safety with these repeated incidents.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 082016

E350

My car for the past month has had a terrible fuel smell every time I filled my car up. The fumes smelled awful and they would make me sick. I kept asking mechanics what is going on, and when I called Mercedes they said my VIN number didn't match the recall. This was a total lie. I was never notified that there even was a recall. After getting to a person who has a position of more authority I was told to have the car towed to the dealership where it sits now. However I got the runaround first from corporate Mercedes. Then when I was driving down a busy street the car completely stopped. I was caught in a busy intersection. When I checked on line I found out about the class action suet. I read all the complaints and almost all of the stories for 2007 E350's matched my issue. I have no idea if Mercedes will stand by their name and fix this very dangerous problem. If not I will call my lawyer.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Mar 062016

E350

Bought this car for my wife and we stopped to fill up the gas tank and once it was full we began to smell a very strong odor of gas

- South Holland, IL, USA

Mar 182016

E350

The gear shift keep getting stuck. The car revs and doesn't change gear when driving it stays in the first gear. Then when it does changes the gear skips, causing a jolt in the car. Brought it to the shop and was told that it's a default sensor that's not picking up, causing it to skip. Two separate shops and they told me to make this complaint. I've called the number on this site months ago, made a complaint and still nothing. I've seen quite a bit of complaint on this matter on this site, yet no change. This can be very dangerous because the car stalls which endanger the operator of the vehicle, passengers, and other motorist on the road. This can cause an accident. I'll use today's date because I don't remember the specific date I called before. Very dangerous

- Round Lake Hts, IL, USA

Dec 112015

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. After refueling the vehicle, there was a strong odor of fuel inside the cabin. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel sending unit failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 192016

E350

Strong fuel smell after gas tank fill up under rear seat. Did research from NHTSA who stated Mercedes had extended warranty for fuel tank components leak. Notified rbm Mercedes atlanta of problem who verified extended warranty and agreed to repair fuel tank leak. However rbm Mercedes notified me that the rear seat cushion was so saturated with gas fumes that they could not get smell out without replacing rear seat cushions which Mercedes would not cover this cost of $550. They will replace components to delete fuel leak but not stand behind the consequences of the leaky fuel system.. their inferior fuel system is the cause of this unbearable fuel odor that remains after their tank repair should and must be considered a part of the fuel leak problem. They should bear the expense of correcting this health hazard gas fuel smell. Exposure to this fuel smell is a real and serious health hazard that cause impaired driving abilities and permanent health consequences and must be dealt with quickly to eliminate any further exposure. Jack atlanta, ga.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Dec 022015

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. While driving approximately 25 mph, a strong odor of fuel emitted inside the vehicle. There was no fuel visible on the ground. The failure became progressively worse and occurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel tank would need to be replaced. The part was placed on special order. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 73,400.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Jan 082016

E350

Smelling strong gasoline inside and outside car after running the vehicle, why doesn't recall no. 2008020001 apply to my vehicle, esp warning light come on and gear-shift got stuck, I can't shift to other gear from park position.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 222016

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350. When the fuel tank was filled up, the entire vehicle smelled of fuel. It was diagnosed that the sender unit under the back seat, which has a trap door, allowed the fuel odor to enter the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Green Cove Springs, FL, USA