2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Aug 122016

I smelled strong gas smell a few days ago. I took my car to Mercedes arrowhead located in Arizona yesterday. They informed me that the problem would be covered under a 15 year warranty (fuel tank had started leaking). Today they called me and said that the leak had saturated to my back seats and that it wasn't covered because I had taken too long to call them and that's why the back seats were saturated with gas (I didn't know that my seats were saturated with gas until I started to smell it through my vents while ac was blowing). Now, I am being asked to pay almost $500 to replace the pads and deafening material as they told me it wasn't covered by warranty even though it was caused by a defective fuel tank. At this point I'm not sure if there have been any health related issues for myself and my 2 kids who normally sit in the back of the car who has been inhaling the gas fumes for an unknown length of time.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Feb 082016

Within a few seconds of powering on the driver's side seat heater I smelled plastic burning and immediately powered off the seat heater. Since I was already on the road I continued driving and did not investigate further. The following day, I powered the seat heater and immediately after the burning smell reocurred, however, this time the left side lumbar support became very hot. I powerd off the seat heater immediately after and pulled off the road and notice a burn hole on the driver side left lumbar support area of the seat.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Sep 142013

E350 6-cyl

I started the car and turned on the drivers side heated seat. I pulled out of my driveway and was driving down my street when I started to smell something burning. At first I thought it was coming from the engine so I immediately pulled over and checked the engine compartment. I didn't see anything so I got back in my car and started to drive again. The odor kept getting stronger and now the left side of my drivers side seat started to get really hot and then I felt a burning sensation on my back. I stopped my car and jumped out to see a small hole about the size of a nickel melting and a small orange flame burning. Luckily I had a bottle of water and poured it on the seat and then turned the seat heater off.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Apr 122012

The contact owns a 2008 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that the driver side heated seat failed and overheated. The seat burned the contact through his shirt and belt. The contact stated that he smelled smoke and had to open the windows because the smoke had become overpowering. He then powered the heated seats off before it could cause a fire. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 51,000.

- Tustin, CA, USA

May 232011

E350 6-cyl

Turned on drivers seat warmer, smelled smoke and opened windows thinking the odor was from outside of the car. Turned the seat heater off and later found a quarter size hole burned in the left side of the drivers seat. My shirt and pants also had holes burned in them. Fortunately I turned the heater off before I was burned or a fire started. Mercedes-Benz dealer is going to repair the damage to the seat of my 2008 E-350.

- Midland, MI, USA

Sep 252009

Driver's side seat heater malfunctioned causing a fire. Vehicle was a 2008 Mercedes E350.

- Atlanta, GA, USA