2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Jun 292015

In the past 10 months the car in question has expereinced one broken suspension coil spring, and a seperate suspension coil spring fracture. I contacted Mercedes about this issue and expressed my concern about the quality of these core suspension components. The response I received amounted to them being sorry that "things fail". I suspect there is a large population of poorly designed/manufactured suspension springs in Mercedes' vehicles on U.S. roads right now and I felt some responsibility to report my experiences. Updated 9/28/2015

- Palatine, IL, USA

Feb 202014

E350 6-cyl

Front tires wore out on the inside prematurely. Dealer ( keyes merc.) was unable to align the front suspension. I was told that the suspension had dropped, due to gravity, and that they would have to place shims to prop up the front end. Merc customer relations was unable to provide me with a reasonable engineering explanation and unwilling to rectify the situation. The shims were placed and the car still pulls to the main concern is the safety of my family in the event of a suspension failure.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA