2.1

2009 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2009 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Jan 042016

E350

Strong odor of gas at rear and around car after filling up gas tank while in motion and when parked

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Oct 022015

E350

Gas is leaking from gas tank after running over a pot on highway. State farm insurance company said it is on investigation for leaking gas for my car model and so, they won't cover it. Although plastic gas tank is already on recall, metal tank for my car is not. A dealer refused to fix under recall. Now I am driving with leaking gas.

- Plano, TX, USA

Feb 022016

E350

The contact owns a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that after refueling the fuel tank, the odor of strong fuel would emit in and around the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel filter seal needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jan 082016

E350

I contactedthe dealership regarding my fuel pump issue. The dealership informed me that it was not one of the covered VIN's with the fuel pump issues. It has strong smell of gas when filling up and does not run smooth. It has not started once when turned on. I was informed by my mechanic of the warranty on the defective fuel pump/filter. Why wasn't my VIN included in the extended warranty" were their changes made to the parts? how was my car excluded from the warranty process"

- Davis, CA, USA

Sep 272015

E350

There is a very strong gas smell when the car is parked, especially in a garage. There is an existing NHTSA campaign (EA13003) that discusses this issue with the 2009 Mercedes E350 but I never received any notices from Mercedes.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Sep 042015

E350

There's a very strong odor of gasoline after refueling. Most noticeable when parked in the garage. I don't top off my tank. Just started happening this month.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jun 012015

E350

The contact owns a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350. After refueling the vehicle, the contact smelled a strong odor of fuel. The failure occurred intermittently and only when the vehicle was refueled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,000.

- Bloomfield, CT, USA

Apr 062015

E350

After fill up gas tank, strong fume very noticeable when park in garage entire house smell like gas. When drive also smell strong gasoline like its leaking. Very scary

- Marrero , LA, USA

Aug 222013

E350

The contact owns a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that while inside of the vehicle, he smelled fuel. The vehicle was taken the dealer for inspection and they stated that the fuel tank had a leak and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Nov 042013

E350 6-cyl

Strong odor of gasoline fumes from car, especially after refueling. Fume smell goes away as tank level goes down. Brought car to fletcher jones motor cars in newport beach, ca, and they reported a high gas tank fuel leak, with gasoline building up in body behind rear driver's seat. This happens to be where my 8-year old son sits in the car - on top of explosive gasoline. Mercedes Benz denies there is any problem with the E350 fuel tank, even though there are numerous reported problems.

- Orange, CA, USA

Jun 082013

E350

The contact owns a 2009 Mercedes-Benz E350. The contact stated that an odor of gasoline was in the cabin of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the fuel sending unit was leaking. The vehicle had not yet been repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Mar 062013

E350 6-cyl

I have noticed strong gasoline odors emanating from my car after refueling. I do not 'top off' when refueling. Researched issue online at benzworld.org and discovered that the gas odor issue I am experiencing may be related to a problem being seen in numerous Mercedes Benz E-model vehicles. This presents a very unsafe situation and I am no longer willing to park the vehicle in my garage due to the potential fire hazard. The pooling of raw gasoline also represents an environmental issue due to the evaporation and creation of toxic fumes. I understand that Mercedes Benz dealers are demanding $2,000. Or more to rectify the problem by removing and replacing the gas tanks in impacted vehicles. I feel that the manufacturer of this defective component should be held responsible to recall it and replace it. I understand that the NHTSA's current investigation action no. For this issue is PE 12001.

- Lawrence, KS, USA