2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Oct 152013

E350 6-cyl

I backed the car out of the garage at my condominium building in sarasota and placed the car in park to remove something from the windshield (I believed the car was in park -- but it could have failed to engage it or I possibly nicked it on my way out of the car). I started to move out of the car, while my right foot was on the brake -- about 90% of my body weight was out of the car and then I took my right foot off the brake. The car started to move backwards and I was sandwiched between the left front door of the car and the car itself -- I dove to the ground to avoid being hit by the door, injuring my left side -- and then I rolled on to my back to avoid the door and then saw the left front wheel heading for both legs -- I tucked and dragged my body away -- the car passed by, missing my two legs by only an inch or two. The car crashed in to the fence of my condominium building. After talking with Mercedes Benz usa, I learned that the car did not have an automatic park feature -- but if I had purchased a keyless go feature, the electronic transmission would have had a feature that would have caused the transmission to go in to park as soon as the standing vehicle door was cracked. No one at my dealer and no one at mbusa service knew that this feature was available -- and then only if the buyer had purchased keyless go. This feature should be on all electronic transmissions from mb -- at a minimum, dealers and prospective customers should have been made aware of this missing safety item and its availability as an extra. Mbusa has told me that this feature cannot be added to my car -- it is only available at the plant of manufacture.

- Sarasota, FL, USA