2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Nov 262015

Check engine light comes on than off for a few day at a time. It cost $10,000 to have it replace. Don't have any issue with the car not starting or stalling. Car works great. Why is their no recall for this? thousand of people who pay good morning for a great car, like Mercedes. We need a recall for this> hello!!!! plus, the wood trim are fading, I trade to get the dealer to replace it and they wont $3,500 to do so.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Dec 032015

I bought a 2010 E350 mb in November of 2015 as a birthday gift. My 3rd week of own it the check engine light came on and keeps going on and off. Brought it back to the dealer where I bought it and told me to bring it to mb. Turn out to be heck engine light due to faulty camshaft adjuster solenoid on Mercedes-Benz E350. Why is their no recall on this, it cost $8,000 to get it fixed?

- Lowell, MA, USA

Jun 192015

We bought this car about a year ago the car flasher and wiper controll arm does not work also the high beam does not work my daughter was on the highway stuck in a storm and the wiper did not work and the light low beam and the flasher she also almost got into accident for not able to use the flasher I have called Mercedes customer service and they do not want to help even when I mentioned I will file a complaint with the highway safety they did not car.please let me know if there something that can be done.

- Saintcloud, FL, USA

Aug 122011

I was driving on the turnpike and thank god no other cars were next to me. Sometimes when I go over 50 the car tends to pull in another direction. I took it to get service a week after I bought it and got my car back 6months later. Than the accident happened. They just replaced computer chip they said. The car has never driven right since I bought it. So when the car decided to pull to the left I was pulling with all my strength to just keep the wheel straight but I had no control and spun around 5 times N landed backwards on the turnpike facing on coming traffic. I'm so upset that I never got to enjoy the vehicle it still pulls and the dealership always says its fine. The car rattles. One day I was driving N the seat I was sitting on blew up for no reason. They replace only the inside parts and never the stitching on the seat so I have a ripped seat for something that was not my fault. This call is def a lemon or should be recalled.

- Edgewater Park, NJ, USA

Oct 232013

2010 Mercedes Benz E350. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle electrical problems. The dealer tested the battery and said it was good, but found a problem with the evap blower and installed a new engine fan after two days of analysis. On May 19, 2014, the vehicle failed to start, for a second time, and again the dealer stated there was nothing wrong with the battery, the dealer informed the consumer, the cabin light was left on causing the battery to be drained. On May 20, 2014, the vehicle failed to start right away, so he took the vehicle back to the dealer. He is currently waiting for another analysis.

- Toney, AL, USA

Oct 152013

E350 6-cyl

I backed the car out of the garage at my condominium building in sarasota and placed the car in park to remove something from the windshield (I believed the car was in park -- but it could have failed to engage it or I possibly nicked it on my way out of the car). I started to move out of the car, while my right foot was on the brake -- about 90% of my body weight was out of the car and then I took my right foot off the brake. The car started to move backwards and I was sandwiched between the left front door of the car and the car itself -- I dove to the ground to avoid being hit by the door, injuring my left side -- and then I rolled on to my back to avoid the door and then saw the left front wheel heading for both legs -- I tucked and dragged my body away -- the car passed by, missing my two legs by only an inch or two. The car crashed in to the fence of my condominium building. After talking with Mercedes Benz usa, I learned that the car did not have an automatic park feature -- but if I had purchased a keyless go feature, the electronic transmission would have had a feature that would have caused the transmission to go in to park as soon as the standing vehicle door was cracked. No one at my dealer and no one at mbusa service knew that this feature was available -- and then only if the buyer had purchased keyless go. This feature should be on all electronic transmissions from mb -- at a minimum, dealers and prospective customers should have been made aware of this missing safety item and its availability as an extra. Mbusa has told me that this feature cannot be added to my car -- it is only available at the plant of manufacture.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 132012

E350 6-cyl

A pint of orange juice spilled on the floor of the passenger side back seat. It was cleaned up, but apparently some of the juice was able to eventually make its way into the unprotected electrical connector located under the passenger seat floor well. This caused an electrical short. Actual burn marks in the wiring near the harness connector are clearly visible. Fortunately, there was no fire, and the only indication of a problem was that the air bag service light eventually came on.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA