2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Feb 132015

I purchased the car (certified pre-owned) on December 18, 2014. On February 13, 2015 I was parking in a restaurant parking lot. All of a sudden I felt the crash. At first I thought a vehicle had run into the back of my car. However, it turned out my vehicle had rolled backwards into another car. I had just pulled into the parking spot (which was on a slight incline) and was about to put it in park when this occurred. I accepted responsibility for the damage to my car and the other car involved and filed with my insurance. Once I had my vehicle back, I noticed that when I was stopped at a red light it felt as though the car was moving backwards. I then tested the car on a slight incline (5-10 degrees) and while in drive. It rolled backwards and continued to roll until I slammed on the brake. This car is an automatic. I have never heard of an automatic rolling backwards while in the drive position - especially on a very slight incline. I called the dealership and was told this was "normal".

- Dallas, TX, USA