9.1

2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Feb 192013

E350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Mercedes E-350. The contact stated that the vehicle would lose acceleration and then jolt forward. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose a failure. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacture was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 1,000 and the current was 10,200. Updated 05/28/14 MA updated 06/02/2014

- Newport Beach , CA, USA

Jun 022013

E350 6-cyl

Good day! I got my car June 2, 2013 with 12 miles on it. If I start my car, there is a 3-4 seconds of knocking sound. It does happen randomly (warm or cold engine), not all the time. The dealer said it was the injectors. Some people are having there MY2012/13mercedes E350 engine rebuilt (connecting rods, pistons, wrist pins), my engine is the new direct injection. LI03.10-P-054702 is the Mercedes memo or tsb? it would be a let down knowing my car will eventually have an engine rebuild also low resale value. I think this is defect complaint though. I need your help or if you can direct me to maybe consumer protection. Thank you and keep in touch.

- West Covina, CA, USA

Mar 062013

E350 6-cyl

The car stop inoperative and stop by itself without any control no matter on freeway in local, even in garage. It happened 3 times within a week. After checking, dealer think it is not a big problem, they only update the software of cpu, and told me it won't happened again. At the same day of picking up the car, the same problem happened on freeway. The car suddenly stopped, and I couldn't control anything. I was almost hit by a ups commercial truck and dead on that day. The car was towing to dealer for repairing again. They don't know what the exactly problem is. They are going to change the whole cpu this time. Now the car is still in dealer's repair place. I called the local customer service for filing a lemon car. The guy told me it was not necessary to file because the car was only repaired twice. Obviously, it is very serious safety problem! I am afraid to drive the car again. I am so young I don't want to die only because I drive Mercedes-Benz.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA