2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Mar 152014

My claim # IS10691110 the lane control does not function consistantly. Sometimes when you cross a line, the rear brake on the opposite side of the car automatically applies bringing the car back to the center of the lane, other times it doesn't. I demonstrated this to the maintenance mgr. With no satisfaction. I've discussed with a case mgr on several times, with no satisfaction. I've written the pres of Mercedes on two occassions, who referred my concern back to the same case mgr. Who says it is functioning as designed, in spite of the fact I demonstrated to the dealer maint. Supervisor that it doesn't.I asked for a regional person to ride with me so I could demonstrate the inconsistancy of the way it functions. I was denied my request. NHTSA seems to be my only hope for getting my safety concern resolved for me and any others who may have the same problem. The problem was demonstrated on state rt. 33 in dublin oh. With painted road lines that were consistint. I have many notes of additional detail if wanted.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Mar 302015

While driving on a side street looking for an address, a warning message appeared something like "lane guidance system inoperative". subsequently, the engine lost power and would not move the vehicle more than about 3 mph. We pulled off to the side, not knowing what to do. I shut off the engine and restarted it and it appeared to work normally for the rest of the trip home. We wonder what would have happened if we had been in a middle lane on a freeway when this happened. I plan on contacting the dealer today for more information and to have them inspect the car.

- Woodinville, WA, USA

May 052014

The contact owns a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that the lane control feature failed to work intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician was unable to replicate and diagnose the failure. The contact waited longer than six weeks for a response from the dealer who indicated that the concern was to be escalated to the manufacturer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 302014

Cruising at 65 mph the ESC lights came on and the car lost power. It no longer responded to the accelerator and required that you pull off the road, come to a stop, and restart the car. This same problem has happened 3 more times once at 35 mph on a straight road; once at about 20 mph making a turn and again cruising on an expressway at ~50 mph. This is an extremely dangerous defect, since a failure of this type when entering a highway or trying to overtake another vehicle could cause a high speed accident, resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. The car has been to the dealer twice to fix this, and is now back for the third time.

- Gladwyne, PA, USA