2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Oct 072016

E350

For a couple of months when I put my 2014 E350 sport in park it would jerk forward. Never really thought about it being a problem. I was driving my car into my neighbors driveway and went to turn around and just as I went to put the car in reverse, the car propeled forward directly into her tree. If the tree had not been there my car would have went into the front of her house. I am thankful that I am just shaken up and a little sore. I am also thankful that I was the only one in the car during this freak event and that if happened where it did because the 2 other times that I was in my car that day is was in heavy traffic and I would have done major damage to myself and possibly someone else. At first I believe my shoe got caught on the accelerator, but there is no possible way this could be the issue as I was appying it to the brake when the car propelled forward. For as hard as I hit the tree the airbag did not deploy. I was able to drive my car back home with all the coolant leaking from it.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Mar 032016

E350

While driving on the highway, I attempted a heavy acceleration to get the car up to traffic speed. Two times in the past 60 days, the car seriously malfunctioned with multiple dashboard indicator lights and the main text "pre safe functions limited" accompanied by a total loss of speed control. The accelerator became 100% unresponsive and I had to coast to an emergency lane. There was significant danger in both instances as I had to cross multiple lanes of traffic with no power to get to safety. The weather was clear and the external sensors were not obstructed by dirt or snow- which has previously caused the pre-safe functions limited message. I believe that the multiple errors indicated on the dashboard are all erroneous to the core issue of a sudden and total loss of power upon heavy acceleration. The resolution was to shift the car into park, push the ignition button as if turning the vehicle off, wait and restart. The car operates normally upon restart. Note that the engine appeared to already be off prior to shifting into park. It is as if the heavy acceleration killed the engine. This issue has potential fatal consequences if the driver is unable to get the car out of the lane of high speed traffic-- as I was in. A less experienced or panicked driver could easily fail to handle the situation and get rear ended at high speed as the car can only be reset by getting it into park and restarted. Similar blog posts online report the same with other Mercedes vehicles. I have had the car for four months and it has happened twice. Seems like a software/electronic issue causing the mechanical issue to me. Very dangerous.

- Northfield, IL, USA

Feb 072014

E350

The transmission jerks between 3-4 gear up shift change, creating instability on wet or slick road conditions which can cause your car to lose control. Furthermore, the jerking created can create a car accident or injury in low speed, stop an go traffic. Mercedes Benz claims it is performing as designed and is not accepting liability for there defective product.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA