2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Aug 302016

Tire brand : Continental tire line: Contiprocontact tire size: 245/40R18 97V component:sidewall dot number : hw2pn1H61314 sidewall blowout in driveway without hitting anywhere in normal temperature. Thread is still in good condition, under 5,000 miles driven. There are no nails or any issues. It just got blowout. Car was parked in driveway at 3.45 pm and blowout happened at 7.30 pm. Outside temperature was around 83F.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jul 232016

July 23rd 2016 my tire had a leak from unknown reason, had it replaced and had a leak again on same wheel on August 5th 2016 same type of leak, Continental contiprocontact size 245/40/18 97V size

- Tallahassee , FL, USA

Mar 112015

The contact owns a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350 equipped with Continental contiprocontact tires, size: 245/40R18. While driving at 20 mph over a pothole, the front driver side tire blew out. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the tire was replaced. The contact replaced the other three tires on separate occasions for the same failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The dot number was unknown. The approximate vehicle failure mileage was 6,000 and the tire failure mileage was 5,000.

- East Rockaway, NY, USA

Jan 192015

E350 sport model w/ 18 inch amg wheels and low profile tires. Jan 19 I hit a pothole on a busy bridge during rush hour. My 5th blowout of a front tire on the same car. Narrowly missed hitting a tractor trailer as my car swerved as the tire rapidly deflated. Two tires were replaced in this incident because a rear tire had a sidewall bubble develop after hitting the pothole.. one amg bent rim was replaced.this is not a complaint revolving around the cost. I have a tire and wheel warranty that covers me for the cost of these blowouts. This is a major safety issue. I must point out that while changing the tire I watched hundreds of vehicles hit the same pothole and not one got a blow out until along comes another E350 who hit the pothole and blew out the driver side front and rear tires. I suffered two blowouts with the same tires on my previous 2012 E350. The tires in question are Continental conticontact pro. I am only concerned with my safety and the safety of other Mercedes E350 owners and other drivers who could be injured or killed by a Mercedes E350 losing control in a blowout. My Mercedes dealership reported to me that they replaced thousands of tires recently from pothole blowouts. Most of them on E350S. Numerous complaints exist online and on this website. Mercedes Benz usa customer care would not acknowledge any problem. In my humble opinion this problem represents a major safety problem for this vehicle. Mercedes Benz is burying their head in the sand and hoping the complainers will just go will take deaths, if they have not already occurred, to bring this to the forefront. Please investigate and acquire the actual blow out statistics from all of the us Mercedes Benz dealers. I would suggest that you do that from the individual dealerships rather than mb usa who will probably not be truthful about those numbers.

- Newtown Square, PA, USA

Aug 142014

Hit pot hole on hwy 216 near abernant, al and busted 2 tires and knocked front end out of alignment. The bill to fix the car was $796. I drive a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350.

- Mccalla, AL, USA