1. replace entire AC system & recharge (1 reports)
1997 Mercedes-Benz E420 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420:

1997 Mercedes-Benz E420 Owner Comments

Jun 132011

E420 AMG V8

Purchased during Jan 2011.Car was imaculent,I looked at it 3 separate times. I was told the mechanics have checked it out and were driving it home to be sure it was good. I had a problem with the price and even talked to Tom Sheehan when he called my home.I felt it was over priced and told him of all the other vehicles I had purchased previously.He replied that I already got the best price.I turned on the AC each time I was at the dealership and the system worked.Fast forward to yesterday total failure.This morning I went to two reputable MB mechanic shops to get estimates. Both estimates came in @ $2500.00. Both shops said its common for used car shops to charge up the freon to move the car of the lot.I went to sheehan to tell them of my disatisfaction and talked to Kevin who is the new used car manager.I had initially talked to Scott and who I bought the car from is not employed there.Kevin was anoyed to talk to me and really was kind of rude. He tried to tell me what he knows what went on and was not even present.

It wont do me any good dealing with Sheehan anymore Ive had it. I feel that they were well aware the car had AC issues- with the mechanic driving it home at night.They sold me a bum deal.Cover your back at SHEEHAN_ BUYER BEWARE I regret doing Biz with them.

- , Lighthouse Point, FL, USA