1. replace shocks (1 reports)
2004 Mercedes-Benz E500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz E500:

2004 Mercedes-Benz E500 Owner Comments

Oct 312015

The air-shock system on my Mercedes E500 went out back in December. The car failed inspection due to this happening. I took the car to a repair shop and the air bags were replaced. I had enough time to take the car back to the inspection station and the car passed inspection once I had the shocks fixed. This was on a Saturday. On Monday, as I was driving to work, I noticed that the car was lowering again and as I pulled into the parking lot at work, it was officially back down and has been every since. It cost me $600 to repair with the warranty the first time in which I was only supposed to pay $100 deductible ( so don't get Car Care Plus car warranty). This should be something that is recalled for numerous reasons 1. Multiple people are stating that they are having the same issues. 2. Mercedes Benz repairs are not cheap 3. If the car doesn't pass inspection for this being a safety issue, a recall should be put in place as it affects the way you turn corners and could possibly cause an accident. 4. Not to mention the countless tires that I've been purchasing for $150 a pop. I checked around to see how much it would cost for me to just get a regular suspension system put on and was quoted about $1800. I don't know where Benz thinks I work, but Get it together Mercedes Benz and recall these cars.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA