1.8

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450:

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Owner Comments

Sep 152016

GL450

I was driving 70 mph on I-80 highway when my car completely shut down. The speedometer went from 70 down to 10 mph in about 2 seconds. There was no warning, no lights, bells, or signals to warn me that my fuel pump needed to be replaced. I had to cut across three lanes of traffic with no power, and almost got hit by a tractor trailer who had to immediately swerve off the road. I could not restart the car, and had to be pushed by a NJ state officer to get to the shoulder. I was on a very busy major highway, and had it of been rush hour I don't think I would have made it without causing a major accident. I service my car regularly, and never at any point had the Mercedes dealership ever advised me that I need a new fuel pump. Of course they have warning signals to tell me my windshield fluid is low, but nothing to signal this type of malfunction. I then had to remain on the side of a major highway for over 90 minutes while I waited to the Mercedes road side assistance to pick up my vehicle. I advised them four different times that my life was in danger with cars flying by me at top speed. My fuel pump was eventually serviced at the dealership, and they had no answer for why this happened. I am filing this report not only because I am extremely upset, but possible to save the lives of other travelers. As I stated, there was no warning, no signs or my car in distress, or anything that I could have done to prevent this. I would appreciate you looking into this matter, and if you need any further information I would be more than willing to supply you with that.

- Woodcliff Lake, NJ, USA

May 222010

GL450

Vehicle will not change gear and become sluggish with terrible fuel consumption. Tried fuel treatment, problem gets better then return. The problem is intermittent.

- Matthews, NC, USA