2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250:

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 Owner Comments

Mar 162016

GLA250

I had two mva accidents (February 1 and March 16, 2016) in this vehicle within~ 3 months of ownership. The accidents occurred when I slowed down this vehicle under 10-15mph. Upon purchase, I noticed unlike other cars I have owned, at a stop this mbgla 250 vehicle engine would cut off completely and start back when the gas pedal was pressed. I was told by the dealership this was normal. However, I noticed when I received the car back from park place bodywerks in March, 2016, (after ~ 5 week repair period from the first accident that occurred in February 2016) the engine gears would jump from 1st to 4th after slowing down on the brake followed by stepping on the gas pedal, it felt like the car was jumping between gears, I was not able to control this. The current car accident happened on March 16, 2016, within 1 week post repair from park place bodywerks, after I stopped at a stopped light I hit the light pole, resulting in front end damage and no airbag deployment. During this continuous additional 3 month repair period, I was notified in may, 2016 by my geico adjuster that the transmission had the wrong fluid in it and the claim would be escalated. In the days that follow, I was contacted by a park place bodywerks agent and asked "did you change the fluids in the transmission.." I was extremely offended and informed him "I didn't know how to open the hood..." as of today, 6/13/16, geico has paid park place bodywerks on behalf of my policy $28,831.30 for a vehicle I have only owned since November 2015, driven less than 2 months, bought certified pre-owned from park place bodywerks with less than 8000 miles, contained the wrong transmission fluid from the dealership, had two low speed accidents each with no air bag deployment, a hospitalization for the owner and never had a driving history like this of multiple accidents.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Apr 202016

GLA250

Transmission violently engage in reverse: So far I have only experienced this (twice) during cold-starts. Started the engine, shift car in to reverse gear, disengage parking break. In normal situation, the car would reverse slowly without applying throttle. In the two times I experinced the problem, the car would still be idle, even after gently applying throttle. After about 5 seconds or so, the car would violently jerk and the transmission finally engaged in reverse. The local mb service center was not able to diagnose the issue. Some gla owners also experinced the same issue, which can be found in this discussion: www.glaowners.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/8297-transmission-woes.html here is the video that illustrates my experience, from another gla owner: Https://youtu.be/gln7kpgxyb4

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Oct 222015

GLA250

The contact owns a 2015 Mercedes Benz Gla250. While driving approximately 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer and repaired; however, the check engine waring light illuminated intermittently. In addition, the vehicle would not go into reverse. While the vehicle was in park, it jerked. The vehicle was taken to a dealer again where the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Burbank, CA, USA