2.0

1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

May 232014

ML320 6-cyl

Suddenly I could not gain or get any more speed. I was just coasting along, I then arrived at my destination and got out and smelled burning smell from front wheels. I could not get out of the gear I was in.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 052014

ML320 6-cyl

Message display indicates left brake light not working. Replaced bulb and message disappeared for one day and then reappeared. Removed bulb and bulb was ok. Went online and found where Mercedes had a brake light repair kit for this problem but I was not notified. I called the dealer and this repair kit is not under warranty or recall. I contacted a local european car repair shop who had the repair kit in stock going back to 2010 Mercedes has known about this problem but never notified me or fixed the problem when I brought my car in for normal service. Very disappointed in Mercedes.

- Englewood, FL, USA

Sep 072012

ML320

The braking system failed and worked again after some pumping and coasting to avoid collision. The car then caught on fire.

- Des Moines, WA, USA