1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

May 082011

ML320 MP V6

The dealership tells me that there has been 7 duplicate keys made for this car in the past. I bought the car from a friend and he nor I have bought any keys for the car. It was used when he bought the car, so I really don't know if this is a true statement, or not. They told me they would have to replace the ignition lock plus new key and something about the security system, and would cost upward to $3000.00 to make the problem go away. The car is not worth much more than that. I am finding it very difficult to believe everything that I am being told..... Can anyone help me with a fix? If I can get it running, someone else will own it very soon. Needless to say, I'm a bit disgusted and disappointed with Mercedes-Benz.

- , Hayesville, NC, USA