1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

Oct 092015

ML320 V6

fuel delivery problem and cranks but never starts. w/89k

Our thinking initially was we have a fuel delivery prob. Replaced fuel pump, then filter, then started replacing relays, faces, sensors, fuel injectors, spark plugs, coil packs and more sensors like crank shaft positioning sensor then tried using starting fluid to get fuel to engine and blew out air flow manifold after replacing all the sensors / regulators, etc... Replaced manifold and out of frustration used starting fluid again blew out manifold for second time... I changed out more expensive components than I can begin to mention with absolutely no function change whatsoever. I'm hearing all kinds of suggestions on how to fix the problem but as I've eliminated each problem I seem to discover several more possibilities. I'm now being told that there is only 4 lbs of fuel pressure and that the pump only receives power while cranking and for only 1 to 2 seconds... Not nearly enough time to bring 38lbs I'm told is necessary to start engine and it only cranks from 1 to 5 seconds before it stops cranking. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.... I'm also aware of security problems, key programming knight mares etc.... I'm hoping not in my case but I'm using an old key and a new one so with my luck there both now bad.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA