4.4

2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

Nov 182005

ML320 6-cyl

I own a Mercedes Benz 2001 ML320 and the lateral acceleration sensor failed around 15,000 miles and was replaced at my own expense. The bas/esp (break assist/electronic stability program) warning light comes on during each short or long trips and goes away after the vehicle sits for a while and restart of the engine and this started to occur after the warranty expired. The first replacement did not work because the wrong parts was used (so the dealer says) and the problem came right back but was corrected with the correct parts the second time (sometimes I feel the esp kicks in and breaking but that might just be my feeling). This could be a safety related issue and should be a recall item since customers that are used to these safety features may have wrong sense of feeling when the sensor fails unexpectedly at a time when this feature can avoid an accident.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 152003

ML320

I purchased this vehicle in may of this year and every month I have been at the service department turning it in for one problem or another. I am assured they are doing all that they can but I have not gone 30 days in a row with a functioning, no problem, vehicle. I purchased a mb because I thought the value and dependability was there. I thought the vehicle would be hassle free and I could enjoy few mechanical issues. I am not spending time away from work which is causing me problems, just to keep this SUV maintained. The defects or issues with this vehicle are becoming an added expense to me and the time away from work is causing me problems. I want a vehicle that is not in the shop once a month. I tried to call the Mercedes Benz customer service line and they referred me back to the dealer. The dealer has done nothing above and beyond their job responsibilites. I am no different than the customer that comes in once every year for regular maintenance. I would think that I would be treated a little differerntly and that someone would want to solve this problem! my husband wanted to trade his BMW in for a new mb but now I think he has lost faith that mb is a reliable, stable vehicle.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA