6.0

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

Nov 212014

ML320 V6 3.2L

I just bought this car yesterday and have had the power steering not work five times already. Unfortunately, it didn't happen when I test drove it. At very slow speeds the power steering doesn't work at all. I read numerous complaints online of power steering issues with these cars while driving faster as well. Serious Safety Issue. The dealer says my Vin # shows that it already had the recall on this fixed. I may have to call and inquire more.

I am wondering if I should just have the whole system replaced or trade this in for a newer different car? I know there are issues with the hoses and clamps and reservoir, but when I took it to a shop today they suggested I replace the pump. I bought this good looking Mercedes from an individual who said they knew of no problems with the car. He finally replied to my questioning messages saying this problem happened a few times for them at low speeds but they thought nothing of it. Hmmm. It is definitely a HUGE concern to me.

- , Ketchum, ID, USA