2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350:

2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Owner Comments

Jun 222016

ML350

Our 2012 mb has 42500 miles on the engine warning light came on it is related to the blue additive emission apparently this has been a common occurrence from what I read on line, mb will not cover this and they charge $3000 to fix, after researching online Mercedes are aware of this but do care about it and will not stand behind their product,1 mechanic implied they raised the part price to repair this knowing this has been an issue, profiting from their defective product.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jan 192015

ML350

The contact owns a 2012 Mercedes Benz ML350. The contact stated that there was a strong fuel odor coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it remained for approximately 21 days for a diagnostic testing. The technician diagnosed that the fuel line, the fuel pump and three pin connector needed to be replaced. In addition, the noise insulation panel underneath engine needed to be removed and reinstalled. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was then towed to the dealer where the fuel pump relay, the screw connections and the suction jet pump, the fuel gauze transmitter, the catalytic converter, the temperature sensor were all replaced however the failure persisted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,383.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Mar 032015

ML350

My ML350 is over over 71000, no warranty. I noticed that it has been stalled several times till incident. Last Tuesday, suddenly car engine stopped in the usps parking lots, middle of driveway, no moving. It was around 6pm, I called road service and first guy came who didn't know about mb, and 2nd guy said it might be out of gas. I filled up full one day before, so tank was not empty. 2nd guy didn't know exact reason, and needed to tow. My car has been towed to dealer late night. Next day, I called dealer but they didn't know what is a problem or not checking yet. 2 days later. I stopped by dealer(because they never called me back), and sales person said needed to order a part and cost $700, so should be ready on Friday. (car towed on Tuesday). Sales person never called me back on Friday again, so I stopped by dealer.sales person said, my car needed to change fuel pump and cost will be $1530. Off course, I complained!! my car is ready today, 8days after towed. I rent a car for a week and paid $300 by myself. Dealer gave me a little discount but paid $1200. Total my cost is $1500. They changed control unit, fuel delivery module, and fuel filter unit. Also one is recall #2013110002 fuel sys ECU has been replaced.(software) I think this is safety issue. I was lucky without any accident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Mar 012013

ML350 6-cyl

My wife was driving my ML350 on the freeway with my 7 year old son in the back. She said the vehicle started to shake in an unusual way so she decided to get off at the nearest exit and when she applied the brakes on the off ramp the car's engine stopped. Engine light came on, dash read inoperable yet all the electrical was still on. She tried to turn the key and restart it but the car would not start. Before this incident we had not experienced any problems. This is a 2012 model with just over 21,000 miles and was just serviced two weeks prior to the incident. It happened all of a sudden. The car was hit by another vehicle- rear ended with both my wife and son still in it.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA