2002 Mercedes-Benz ML500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz ML500:

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML500 Owner Comments

Aug 132011

ML500 ML V8

It's good I did not got wreck in the freeway when the car lose control, I am on cuise control and suddenly the BAS/ESP light comes on and it rains and I tried to apply the brakes instead of decellerating the it accelerates until I turn off the engine and shift it to park. I tried to wait, and start the engine again it starts but I could not shift, I called MB service center of Baton Rouge, LA and I was advice to get the car towed to the service center in BTR.. I am just thankful no accident happened to me when the car lose control.

I have been dring this ML500 since I bought in 2002 (brand new with 7-miles) and thinking that it is safe to drive MB automobile compare to other car, know I have my DOUBT. It's good I did not panic at all, otherwise I MAY BE DEAD KNOW, REMEMBER THE CAR IS MOVING 70MPH AND applied BRAKE DID NOT BUT INSTEAD IT CONTINUES TO ACCELERATE.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA