2007 Mercedes-Benz R350 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz R350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz R350 Owner Comments

Dec 152015

I noticed I was getting burned on my upper hip when the seat heater was on. Thought it was the metal trim on my jeans getting too hot but discovered the seat heater had burned a hole through the seat and smelled like a fire. I turned it off and now do not use the seat heaters. It got hot in a few minutes after starting.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 032013

R350 6-cyl

I turned on the seat warmer and a minute later I smell something burning and I look to the side and there was smoke coming out of my jeans and I got out of the car and I see smoke coming out the drivers side seat. I immediately turned off the car and it open a small hole in the drivers seat.

- West Palm Beach , FL, USA

Jan 122013

R350 6-cyl

My wife was driving our Mercedes R350 with two of our children and noticed a burning smell in the vehicle. After stopping the vehicle, she soon realized that the heat warmer on the seat had burned a hole in the seat and singed her sweater leaving a black mark. She turned off the seat warmer to avoid any further issues, including the potential of a fire or an injury to her. The dealership said that because the car was out of warranty the repair would be $1,200. When we passed on the item and said we simply would stop using the warmer, they offered 2/3 assistance (1/3 from the dealership & 1/3 from Mercedes) with us paying the remaining 1/3. we accepted the offered and had the seat repaired. However, the situation could have been very dangerous had a fire occurred, had she been burned or had she lost Focus on the road causing an accident. I am appreciative that the dealership is doing what they can to help address the issue, however, I believe the manufacturer needs to take responsibility in this situation - especially since I've read multiple accounts of very similar incidents in Mercedes vehicles.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Mar 052012

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz R350. The contact stated that while driving 75 mph, she began to smell a burning odor. The contact stopped the vehicle and noticed that her coat was on fire. Upon further examination, the contact noticed that the backing of the front driver's seat was burned due to the seat warmer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact was awaiting a response. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Sep 242011

R350 6-cyl

What I thought was a bug biting my rear side, ending up being the seat on fire! I had turned on the seat warmer and not even a minute or two later, the wire in the seat was on fire when I pulled over and left a hole in my seat. Car is not under warranty anymore and I feel as though I should not have to pay for this. It could've caused an accident, had I been on a major highway or on a road that I couldn't pull over on. Children in the car very worried. After searching online, I see that this is a common problem of Mercedes owner, all happening on the lower left side. Any recalls? not wear and tear!

- Ocean View, NJ, USA

Mar 082010

Drivers seat caught on fire while driving. It is believed the seat warmer malfunctioned.

- Devon, PA, USA