2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550:

2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Owner Comments

Jan 072016

Was driving and car just makes a jolt while shifting gear than I can't accelerate and it gets stuck in first gear RPM starts going up if I try to accelerate than I'll have to turn engine off which is inconvenient when your in traffic than restart it and it'll be normal but it happens every other day. Now the car is stuck on a gear and won't change gears completely parked it over night and still doesn't change gears when I start car and try to put it in drive it makes a hard jolt and doesn't accelerate past 30 mph. Been happening for 2 years now...

- Clovis, CA, USA

Oct 182015

While driving on a very populated interstate may car lost power and was stuck in one gear and I nearly got hit from behind by another vehicle. Mercedes told me that my conductor plate failed and this was the cause of my transmission slipping from one gear to a very low gear. In my opinion this is very dangerous for our roads and I think that they should be responsible and make this problem go away before someone or multiple people get hurt.

- Grover, NC, USA

Oct 202010

The vehicle shuts off for a second the esp and ABS lights would come on, the steering wheel of the vehicle would get stiff, the brakes get stiff the headlights and interior lights would go off, and the command center would reboot. It seems like the vehicle is experiencing a brief electrical failure. I have been complaining of this problem since I purchased the vehicle as a certified preowned vehicle. The first time I took the vehicle to the dealership the replaced the steering control module and the problem persisted. I notified them of the reoccurring problem again and the claimed the where not able to find any faults. I set up a camera in the vehicle and videotaped the problem occurring and the finally took the vehicle for an extended test drive and replaced the central gateway which did not solve the problem. I contacted mbusa customer service to notify them of the safety concerns regarding the vehicle and that I was still experiencing the same problem and I was brushed off saying the were sorry and there is nothing they can do about the problem. This is a problem that could potentially lead to a fatal incident because it involves the vehicle cutting of for a brief second and causing many component not to function during that second and the vehicle is not intended to function in this manner. Mercedes is not doing their due diligence to investigate and correct the problem besides the basic diagnostics that do not yield an error code. I will gladly furnish the video tape which is evidence the issue occurs.

- Pikesville, MD, USA