1998 Mercedes-Benz SL500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz SL500:

1998 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Owner Comments

May 172015

Driving at 40 mph when all of a sudden engine dies. Car becomes dead, very dangerous, at night middle lane of pacific coast hwy. Cant use breaks, everything is dead! cant steer nothing. Could have been killed. This has happened before twice. Now I'm afraid to drive my car if this happens when im on the freeway, thats a problem, endangering me and everyone around. This is nuts because I pride myself on keeping my car in tip top shape always and this is undetectable. But expensive to try and find out until I saw that 800 other people have had the exact same thing! what wrong with this picture?

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA