2004 Mercedes-Benz SL500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz SL500:

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Owner Comments

Oct 242014

SL500

Was traveling behind another vehicle at approximately 35 mph around 6pm when traffic ahead begun to slow and stop for the traffic light signal a change, upon attempting to stop the ABS brake system failed and only gave a warning until after my vehicle rear ended the car in front of causing me bet thrown violently forward and backward which, gave rise to whiplash injury, damaging the front end of my vehicle and the rear end of the vehicle in front with similar injuries the driver of the vehicle in front of me.

- Beverly Hills, Ca, CA, USA

Oct 242014

SL500 8-cyl

I was traveling in trailing a safe distance behind another vehicle at a speed of about 35 miles per hour and as we approached S traffic signal, all cars begun to slow for the yellow light in order to prepare for a safe stop. How ever, upon my attempting to stop the brakes suddenly failed and an a red warning light came on "stop" my vehicle failed to stop and I collided into the vehicle in front of me causing injury to the other driver and myself. There was never a wad ailedhning light that the ABS system was failing.

- Beverly Hillls, CA, USA

Oct 062014

SL500

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes Benz SL500. While driving approximately 2 mph, a warning light suddenly flashed that indicated that the brakes were faulty. The contact depressed the brake pedal to stop the vehicle, but the brakes malfunctioned and increased the stopping distance. The dealer stated that the electronic brake booster was faulty. The manufacturer was notified, but no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA